Once you are registered with www.Facebook.com, you are ready to add friends in your Facebook account. Finding friends in www.Facebook.com is not really hard, but the problem is, many people with the same name exists in Facebook. This shows a lot of result for a single name and this is the case which puts most user in trouble and confusion. Let’s see how to find the right friends in Facebook.
Basically, there are three ways to find friends in Facebook, which are briefly described below with screenshot, each separately.
Search For Friends
This is the easiest way to find friends in Facebook . Enter the name or the email address of the person that you are intending to find at the search bar of Facebook. This search bar is always located at the top of Facebook.
However, if you didn’t find right person you should filter the search result. To filter the search result look at the following steps
- Type the name of the person in the search bar
- If you didn’t find the intended friend, then click see more results
- Click option people located at the left hand side of the search filter. Now you can filter the search result according to Location, Education and Workplace. Just for the example if the filter option is set to the location, then type the name of any location, then you will get the list of all those people whoever have listed that location in their profile.
Import Your Contacts
Importing contacts from any other account (Yahoo, Gmail or Hotmail) is also one of the easiest way to add your friends in Facebook.
- To get at the find friend page goto https://www.facebook.com/?sk=ff (Login required).
- Select your Email provider and provide your username and password. Click ‘Find Friends’ button and invite your Email friends.
When Facebook is done with importing contacts, simply click the button add friend to send friend request.
Invite Friends Individually
Another alternative to find the friend in Facebook is by sending the individual friends request to your friend from this link https://www.facebook.com/invite.php (requires Facebook Login). In order to invite the friend enter the mailing address and a personal message (optional), then click the option Invite Friends.
Remember, although you send Friend request to your friends, they must accept your friend request. till they don’t accept or reject your request, you two won’t be friends.