There are lots of chances that you forget your Facebook password. If you don’t use Facebook for long time or if you changed your password recently then there are chances that you forget the password. And, it’s secure to forget your password instead of being remembered in shared computer.
In such case, don’t panic because it’s easy to recover your Facebook password through any options as you want. Note, we said recover not retrieve Facebook password. As Facebook doesn’t send your password for your security, you need to complete some steps to change your password and log in into Facebook.
Here is the process you need to follow to retrieve your Facebook password
- Go to https://www.facebook.com/recover.php
- In the page, you will be given 3 options to reset your Facebook password. The options are Email Address / Phone No., Facebook Username or entering your name and your Facebook friend’s name.
Reset Password through Email
- If you used email address to reset password then you will be sent to new page. Confirm if you really want to reset the password or the given account is not your account.
- Click “Reset Password” button if profile picture is yours or click “Not My Account” if the account is not yours. If you clicked “Not My Account” button, you will be sent back to the same page where you are given 3 options to reset password.
- If you clicked “Reset Password” button and the account is yours, Facebook will send password reset code in the provided Email address.
- Log into email address you provided, open the email sent by Facebook and get the reset code.
- Now, as everything is completed, you just need to visit the link Facebook sent in your email address along with your reset code.
Reset Password through Phone No.
- If you used your mobile / phone no. to reset your Facebook password, then you will be sent to another page where you will have options to reset password through Email or SMS.
- You can either choose only one field or both. Confirm “Reset Password” if the account is yours and “Not My Account” if Facebook displays wrong profile information.
- If you clicked “Reset Password”, you will receive a SMS in your mobile number with a link to visit (you will get an email with Reset code if you selected Email option too). Once you visit the link you will be sent to a new page where you can reset your password.
Reset through username
If you have confirmed your username for Facebook profile then you can reset your password using username too. If you don’t remember your username for facebook then you can simply ask to your friends.
Once you successfully submit your username, follow the same procedure as you reset from phone number.
Reset through your name and your friend’s name
The case can be that you don’t have any information with you to reset your password. In such cases, you can use your Facebook profile name and your friend’s name (one who is a friend in Facebook). At the end of the page you can enter these names and identify your profile to reset password.
After you insert these data Facebook will show profile and allow you to make sure if the given profile is yours or not. Along with the profile picture, Facebook will show partially masked email address and phone no. you used to create the account. Just choose how would you like to receive your Facebook password reset code and follow same instruction as you reset from phone number.